|R. L. Galloway Surveying, Licensed Virginia Land Surveyors|
|A Virginia SWaM Certified Business|
The purpose of a TOPOGRAPHIC SURVEY is to collect survey data about the natural as well as man-made features of land, and it's elevations. From this information we can make a three dimensional map.
The work involved in a topographic survey (topo for short) usually consists of the following steps:
R. L. Galloway Surveying performs many Topo's to support design professionals in their efforts to produce site plans and drawings that ultimately become a reality. Whatever the project, wherever the location may be, all design projects must begin with a topo so that the Engineer has an accurate, comprehensive "picture" of the parcel to be designed.
- Establishing horizontal & Vertical control that will serve as the framework of the survey,
- Determining enough horizontal locations and elevations of ground points to provide enough data for plotting an accurate map of the parcel,
- Locating natural and man-made features that may be required for the purpose of the survey,
- Computing distances, angles, volumes and elevations of the earthwork,
- Finally, drafting a comprehensive topographic map for the client.
We are always here to answer your questions, if you are considering a Topo or any other land project please contact us and allow us to counsel you on the best avenue to proceed with your project.